Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Party In The USA


Miley Cyrus's Party In The USA is my new favorite song. First off, I did not think that I would like a Miley Cyrus song because I just have this instant thought of Billy and his mullet and his disgustingly-phrased heartbreak. But whoever is creating Miley and her image has got me hooked... It is sick how much I am loving the video right now. She looks so fun and her teeth are so perfect and white... I like it so much that the American flag wagging in the background doesn't even bug me... It makes me want to party in the USA with teenage girls in denim mini-skirts and hot pants... and I like how digitized her voice sounds.

Thanks John

Watch the high quality version on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA

Something about the video is very campy and almost tongue-in-cheek... and it makes me think about how people who work in very commercial media fields have to cheese everything up to simplify it for public consumption... and that must be kind of fun, because a lot of the artwork created becomes very nonsensical (with all the hilarious back-up dancers, flag flashing, and confetti) and not so much to the consumers or promoters or distributors... of course, I've never been in this sort of position so I don't really know.. but that's how I would feel if I was the director of a Miley Cyrus video. It's kind of sick that the song was made to promote her Wal-Mart clothing line... and the CD is only available at Wal-Mart.

No comments: